Hi guys, so I’ll be doing something different today. I saw a particular recipe on this Zimbabwean sweet potato cookies, I tried it out and it came out well, so I felt why not share the recipe today since it’s healthy and not expensive to do. Trust me, It’s a recipe you should definitely try out!!
So let’s go the INGREDIENTS;
- Blue band Margarine(you can use any one according to your taste)(10 tablespoons)
- Sugar(1/4 cup)
- Lemon zest-1 tablespoon
- Freshly ground nutmeg(1 teaspoon)
- Knorr chicken cube- a slight sprinkling
- Honey-1/4 cup
- Finely grated raw sweet potato-1 cup
- All purpose flour-2 1/2 cups
- Baking powder-1 1/2 teaspoons
- Baking soda- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt-1/2 teaspoon
Now the Directions:
1. Cream the margarine or butter and sugar in a large bowl. Blend in the lemon zest, nutmeg, knorr seasoning cube, honey and egg. Fold in the sweet potato.
2. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add it to the first mixture and stir until well mixed.
3. Arrange the cookie dough rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
4. To make the lemon glaze, use a wooden spoon to combine all ingredients in a glass or ceramic bowl until smooth. Add more water by the drop until glaze is easy to spread on the cooled cookies.
As we all know looking good and being healthy is good business, so we should learn to eat in moderation because too much of everything is bad. Have a beautiful day ahead😊.