Hi guys, Good morning!!. Today, on the here’s to health section, I will be talking about how to make tough, rough hands soft. So to those who have the problem and are searching for ways to get their hands soft, here are some easy home remedies for you.
- Olive oil– the antioxidants and healthy fatty acids in olive oil are good for dry hands. It keeps your skin soft, supple and moisturised. In addition, it has many anti-aging skin benefits.
- Massage your hands with some warm olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes twice daily to enjoy soft and smooth hands.
- Mix equal amounts of olive oil and fine sugar. Rub this homemade scrub on your hands using light, circular motions for a few minutes.
- Wait 5 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water, pat dry and apply a light moisturiser. Use this remedy twice a week to soften your hands.
2. Coconut oil– the unique combination of fatty acids in coconut oil is good for dry skin, including your rough hands. In addition, it soothes skin damaged by exposure to the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Apply warm extra-virgin coconut oil on your hands.
- Massage for about 5 minutes using circular motions before going to bed. Wear gloves overnight for best results. Repeat this simple remedy daily. You can use avocado, grape seed, jojoba or almond oil to massage your hands.
3. Honey– honey is a natural moisturiser that has antioxidants, antimicrobial and humectant properties. It helps lock in moisture to keep your hands extra soft and smooth. In addition, it has anti-aging benefits for your skin.
- Rub a little honey all over your hands and leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat 1 or 2 times daily to enjoy soft hands.
- Alternatively, mix equal amounts of honey and glycerine. Apply it on your hands, wait 10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
- Another option is to add a few drops each of lemon juice and olive oil to 2 teaspoons of honey. Apply it on your hands, allow it to dry and then rinse it off with warm water. Use this remedy a few times a week.
4. Aloe vera– aloe vera contains natural moisturising properties that help retain moisture on dry and rough skin. In addition, it forms a protective layer on the skin and improves the skin tone.
- Cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf and remove the gel-like substance.
- Apply the gel on your hands and massage gently for few minutes.
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy 1 or 2 times daily.
If we notice, most of these natural products can be used for the hair, the face and the hands. So these are really easy techniques and you don’t have to bother about chemicals added to it.
I hope this helps someone out there. Have a blessed day!